Monday, June 25, 2012

My weekend

This past weekend I needed to do some work around the house.
My dad built these two planters for my new herb gardens.



The first thing I needed to do was screw on the finials and prime them.

Aren't my drop clothes so classy? 

I had to repaint my front door the same day so I used that paint for my planters.
It took two coats of black paint to cover them.

I used garden webbing inside the planters so the water could go through and the soil would stay inside.
I trimmed the extra webbing off and filled them up with soil!

I decided to branch out on more herbs this year. I love going to Pike, if only my yard looked like their displays.

Right now I am leaving them on my front porch, I really like them!

This guy is full of basil, rosemary, and mint.

This one has chives, parsley, and oregano.


While at Pike I also picked up some pretty little flowers for my front porch.





I also had my sister-in-laws baby shower to go to this past weekend.
Mom and I drove down to Macon for the shower.
My mom made the baby girl an amazing vintage inspired quilt.
So sweet!



Mom hand embroidered all the pictures in the white squares.



 I also tried out my new popsicle maker!
I will be making many more popsicles this summer.

These were strawberry banana and so refreshing!




No comments:

Post a Comment