Saturday, June 9, 2012

Peaches and Painting.

I was so excited to bring home fresh peaches from South Carolina.
I knew I wanted to make something new with them.
I found this recipe from Giada.

 Fresh cherry and peach frittata

I had never made a frittata before, I am in love now!
It was so easy, fast, and delicious. 


I also made this blueberry banana bread made with whole wheat flour and greek yogurt. 
It was good fresh out of the oven but I don't think I would make it again.

 My very best friend is getting baptized this weekend and I wanted to make her something special that would remind her of the day and how much I love her and am thankful for her.
I inlisted the help of my crafty MIL and we came up with this beautiful sign!
It started with an all black pane from an old shutter that my dad saved me from a project.
We sanded down the center and painted it with some good ole Annie Sloan paint.
It took 2-3 coats.

Next we picked a verse and a font and we made it happen!

I love how it came out vintage looking and distressed.
I can't get over how much I love the "H" on this font. Luckily my last name starts with "H" so I think I will make some other projects with it!

I put two coats of clear wax on it and then touched it up with a medium brown wax at the end.

I brought it to her today and was happy that she loved it!
One of my favorite things to do is plan a gift for someone I love. My love language is gifts and it is so special to me when you can give someone something that matches their personality and their favorite things.

After taking Blake her sign today we spent a lovely afternoon together full of shopping and eating, of course!

We had brunch at the West Egg.
I had heard wonderful things about this place and they were correct.
Og ma gob, I could go back right now and eat the same exact thing.

I ended up with roasted garlic grits and a skillet full of potatoes, cheese, onions, bacon, and eggs.
Those grits were like nothing I had ever tasted, so amazing.

As if a bowl full of carbs and calories wasn't enough we headed over to Sublime Donuts to try it out for the first time. Not the cutest place ever but it was worth it. We had to choose from so many, it was really hard!
We ended up with a peach and white chocolate fritter, strawberries and cream, and peanut butter cup.
As I sat down at the table with Blake she said "just two girls and three donuts." For some reason that made my day.

Overall it was a lovely day with a sweet friend.
We also went to Anthropologie and a cute baby store called Seed Factory.

I am also working on another painting project tonight...will post soon.
Fingers crossed it comes out okay!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVED my sign and getting to spend the day with you! you always make me feel so special and loved!!!

    ReplyDelete