Thursday, June 14, 2012

Four Years

Four years ago today I was 22, had just graduated college, and was getting married!

Today was quite a day.....

It started off a little rough with having to take this guy to the vet early this morning.
He was not himself the day before and was really pitiful. I woke him up this morning and his eyes were all red and teary. I had to drop him at the vet and they called a few minutes later saying that he was so upset at the vet and yelping and scratching that they couldn't even give him a full exam. It turns out...the vet diagnosed him as "traumatized." I promise I am not making this up- never thought I'd hear that from my vet. Who knows how it happened but we got some medicine for him and he spent the afternoon as his Grandma's while Andy and I celebrated our anniversary.

 We started our celebration with breakfast at the Flying Biscuit.
My goal for today was not health as you can see from my plate-o-carbs.

The best picture we could get in the car by ourselves, headed to the Georgia Aquarium!

























 Our next stop was Alpine Bakery for dinner and dessert.
I have to admit that I was secretly hoping Kim Zolciak Bierman would be there.
I had salad and pasta and it was delicious.
Although....nothing compares to what comes next.

 White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
This was our wedding cake so it was the perfect excuse to have a slice.

Once we got home from dinner the husband turned on the NBA finals, shocker.
I headed upstairs to finish my surprise gift for him.
I knew I wanted to do something thoughtful and different this year so....

I ended up printing 25 pictures from the past 8 years we have been dating or married.
I sewed the pictures onto scrapbook paper onto the brown cards.
I then decorated each one with some scrapbook stickers and such and wrote a little note/memory in each one.



Then I attached balloons and arranged them in our room.



He was really surprised, and was even willing to pause the game to respond to "hey babe, can I show you something upstairs?"

I also gave him a book that I had written inside and explained the goal for our next year of marriage.

Poncho is always there to see what is going on....

We wrapped him up!

 My husband surprised me this year with this amazing rose gold monogram necklace.
I may or may not have sent him some e-mail hints months ago....
Happy wife, happy life
Right??

I am so thankful for today.
We are both blessed to be celebrating four years together.




2 comments: