Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

I have been blessed with a very special dad.
He is a great role model in my life- he is incredibly patient, selfless, loving, funny, creative, and talented.



I admire his ability to accomplish anything and never give up. He was such a special dad growing up and he still plays a big role in my life. I love working on projects with him and learning from him. He has built two of my beds, my screened in porch, put bead board up in my kitchen, and SO much more.

This past weekend we spent time together at his "happy place" which is my parents lake house at Lake Hartwell. It was a weekend full of eating, boating, fishing, and swimming.

As usual we tried a lot of new recipes and over ate.....

Well, this not not new in our family. This is my dad's famous fried spaghetti.
It is incredible. I don't know how he does it but he does it well.

Saturday night we had this meat, I think it is pork. ( I realize that sounds ridiculous but I don't eat meat and don't cook it much either).

I made this grilled corn succotash with lima beans, onion, and basil.

We also tried these roasted soy and honey sweet potatoes.
They got mixed reviews, they were too sweet for me.


 For dads father's day meal we had ribs (no picture because they don't interest me)!
I made these basil pesto rolls out of crescent dough and parmesan cheese.

 Our pasta dish was marinated tomatoes (in balsamic), spinach, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and basil.


The rolls were so good!

I love fruit. Summer is my favorite time because I can make a meal out of it. As I sit here and type this I am eating a huge bowl of fruit for dinner and loving it.

When I saw that fresh cherries were on sale I knew I wanted to make a dessert with them at the lake.

I ended up using a lot of fruit for the mixture; strawberries, peaches, and raspberries.
  
For dads dessert we had homemade shortbread biscuits with fresh whipped cream and fruit.

Monday morning I made my peach and cherry frittata and mom made these individual monkey breads, really sweet but good!

It was a lovely weekend with my parents at the lake. 
I hope everyone had a great time with their families!

2 comments:

  1. this post made me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working my way through your past food and decorating posts because you've got quite a bit of eye candy here! Bonus: I'll be hosting a Stella & Dot party soon, so seeing your party pictures gave me some great ideas. Cheers and thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete