Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Sorry for the long lull.
School ended last Thursday and then I had to leave town without a lot of notice.
My sweet Aunt Susan was very sick and ended up having a liver transplant Friday morning.
My mom and I drove to Virginia Friday morning. What should have been a 9 hour drive took us 11 hours. We were stuck in terrible rain, traffic, and construction.

Once we made it we spent most of our time visiting family and sitting with my Aunt in the ICU.
Sadly I forgot my running shoes and yoga dvds for the trip so I was not able to exercise all week long!
Along with the lack of exercise I ate like a 9 year old boy all week.
I had a week full of pizza, doughnuts, fries, pasta, and more!
I got back in town last night and first thing this morning I went to Publix and loaded up on fruits, veggies, and stuff for my spinach smoothies.
I am so excited to get back to my healthy eating and exercise.

It was so hard to say bye to my family and aunt. She is so special to me and I wish we lived closer to each other. She is so amazing! After having a major transplant and being on a ventilator for days she was immediately asking me about my shirt, purse, and where I had been shopping in Richmond.

After spending so much time in the hospital and seeing how sick my aunt was it was such a reminder to me how important it is to be an organ donar. I am so thankful for people that are organ donors. What a blessing.

I am so happy to be home with my sweet husband and precious pups.
It is now summer around here and I am so excited.

On the way home from Virginia mom and I stopped at a fruit stand and brought home some South Carolina peaches. I plan on making some yummy new peach treats this week!







No comments:

Post a Comment