Thursday, May 17, 2012

This week.

The teacher side of me is so happy this week is almost over.
Summer is 5 1/2 days away and I can't wait!
I am so excited to sleep in, cook and bake more, plant new flowers, work out in the morning, drink coffee out of a real mug in my house, lunch with friends, I could go on and on...

Anyway- this has been a busy week at school and here are a few things we had going on:

Dining Hall Appreciation Day!
At our school we have lunch made for us everyday, it is such a treat. It is so nice to not have to think about packing a lunch. The teachers have their own salad bar (much needed). You have to watch kids carefully, they will pick out all the purple grapes for a fruit salad with their own hands and ignore the spoon, my worst nightmare. 
They do so much for us and we wanted to let them know how much they mean to us.

I had my class draw their favorite food. I thought I was being so creative and then when I saw all the other banners I realized we all had the same idea!

It was really funny to read their favorite foods- nachos, buttered egg noodles, and turkey sausage were the most popular. I had to agree with the buttered egg noodles, I can't say no to them.


This one was so adorable!

Sweet first graders!

The teachers collected money to give all the dining hall staff gift cards to say thank you.
I put together this little burlap banner quickly to display the cards.

I just cut a long piece of burlap ribbon I had left over from the baby shower, hole punched the gift card envelopes and tied them on with twine. 

I cut out the brown accent paper on my cricut and had these letters from some scrapbook supplies.

They are a sweet group of people!

I visit my friend that just had a baby a couple times a week after school and always like to bring her some snacks or a treat to munch on. We both LOVE food and I miss cooking with her! This week I tried these chocolate dipped s'mores..

Just bake them like this on a cookie sheet around 350 for a few minutes and then let them set in the freezer for a few minutes before dipping them in the melting chocolate.

I am taking them to her tomorrow so hopefully they will taste good! I am not a s'more eater so I didn't sample any.

At least they look cute!

 Tonight I tried a new brussel sprout dish.
My best friend made these earlier in the week and I had to try them.
Shredded brussel sprouts with pine nuts, red onion, garlic, apple, and parmesan cheese.
I ate a big plate of them for dinner, probably a good thing since I have consumed more cookie cake in the last week than any other food group. 

Tomorrow night we have the baccalaureate service for the high school and graduation Saturday morning. Busy week at school! 

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment