Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day!

Come back! This weekend went by so fast! 
Saturday was spent with my mom getting manicures and pedicures together. It was so nice to spend time with her. I am so blessed to have an amazing mom that lives minutes away, I don't know what I would do without her so close!

On Sunday my mom and I went to a wedding together.
It was so fun to see a sweet friend get married.
She was beautiful, as always.

It was also a special day for a great friend who got to celebrate her first mother's day with this sweet baby boy.
So precious!

A few days ago we had Muffins with Mom at school. Apparently I was too consumed with getting everything ready on time and getting my latte before the day started that I forgot to take any good pictures! So I caught a few on my iphone after the event, oooops.

In the years past I made pillow covers for all the moms with their child's handprint. I decided to change things up a bit this year....I have a feeling I may do something new each year!

The boxes were made out of scrapbook paper and the flowers were cut out on my cricut, I just used a glue dot to attach a button in the middle. I sewed leaves out of felt for both sides of the baskets.

Each child brainstormed adjectives/character traits about their mom and then wrote them on various flowers. We laminated them and put a magnet on the back.

Everything fit in the paper basket!

The kids also created little books for their moms. They were all so sweet and creative. I loved reading all of them!



They also filled out this book about their mom, some of the answers were SO funny. I loved seeing what the kids thought their moms favorite food, hobby, and flower were.
One said their moms favorite hobby was to nap!

It was a wonderful day with the kids and their moms.

I hope everyone had a special Mother's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment