Saturday, April 7, 2012

Staycation

My week of sleeping in, late breakfasts, coffee in my pajamas, napping, snacking, and shopping is coming to an end....
Luckily I have Easter Sunday with my family to look forward to tomorrow.  

This week has been so relaxing.
I went shopping and tried new restaurants with a sweet friend.
Got my hair done.
Went to the outlets.
Painted my porch furniture a fun color.
Spend time with my husband.
Ran all the errands I needed to.
Made homemade gnocci for friends
and....discovered my new favorite show, Smash!

I tried a new cinnamon roll recipe this week.
Blueberry cinnamon rolls, to die for.

My latest Food Network Magazine had a recipe for homemade gnocci.
I knew I was going to make a big batch over my Spring Break and test it out.



I got to use my potato ricer which was so fun!

Add an egg and some flour and you have your dough!


Blake was my sous chef. 

I also made homemade pomodoro sauce in the crock pot with salad and bread but...I think I was so hungry by the time everything was ready that I just sat down and ate it before taking any pictures.
There were 8 of us eating dinner and we ate it all!

I also made these peanut butter, banana, chocolate chip cookies.
I may or may not have tested each batch right out of the oven. 

You can see the soft banana peanut butter center, oh my.
My husband was also a taste tester.

Now off to enjoy the rest of my time at home with the pups.





No comments:

Post a Comment