Tuesday, April 24, 2012

He's here!

Remember the bird themed baby shower I threw last month? 
 That sweet little boy arrived last night at 4:55pm.
I was on pins and needles all day waiting for him to arrive. I wanted to know that mom was doing okay and could not stop thinking about the sweet family.
I was a weepy mess when I finally got to meet him. It was so special to meet him and hug sweet mom and dad.  He is perfect. 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long.
It's amazing what seeing a newborn baby can do to you.
He is precious and so beautiful.

Thankfully mom caught a picture once I had composed myself!
I could have held and swayed that little bundle for ever. 

Baby Asher

I teach with the mom and wanted to send her off from her last day at school with a little something to take to the hospital. I saw this adorable printable on Pinterest and headed to Target to go shopping!

I wanted to pack the bag full of things they could use while waiting around and spending time in the hospital. The dad-to-be loves Pringles so that was an essential. Nuts, chocolate, candy, gum, mints, cards, a journal, hair things, and face wipes. Oh, and a Parents magazine to get them started!



 These were the two things I left off from the baby shower posts.
Everyone at the shower filled out a card full of wishes for the baby.


 This was the game we played. Simple and not awkward for the mom-to-be.
It was a matching game that involved candy!

I made both of these on my cricut and it was so fun to personalize with her shower colors. 
It was also really fun to read everyones baby wishes after the shower, so much love for the mom and baby.



1 comment:

  1. He's precious! I love me a cute newborn :) Just wanted to let you know that one of the BEST things my friends did for me (for all 3 babies) was bring me food after the baby was born. A whole meal. Main dish, a salad or side, bread, AND dessert. :) And LOTS of it for leftovers. It's sometimes hard to remember to eat yourself when you are constantly feeding another human, but it's so important to keep a new mom's energy up and going. I thought you might like another excuse to bake or cook for people. ;)

    ReplyDelete