Saturday, April 21, 2012

Check!

Today I was able to cross something off my bucket list...
I ran my first 10K!

I'm not sure why we didn't have someone take a picture of us before the race. We were spent, well I can only speak for myself...I had never been so happy to stop and drink a bottle of water in my life.

I am a new runner and always run on my treadmill so I was majorly a bit nervous about this race. I honestly wasn't sure I could do it! I ran it with two very sweet and encouraging friends and we ran together and talked the whole way.  It was a fun race that ran along the Chattahoochee river. 

I had a few goals for the race:
(yes these were my serious goals)

Survive the race
Don't get picked up off the ground by a medic
Finish in under an hour
Don't throw up!

Everything went well and I met all my goals! It is such a wonderful feeling to accomplish something that is a challenge and know you can do it. My new goal is to run a half marathon.  I have decided on the princess marathon in Disney.  

As much as I dread running and training I am so thankful I have found a hobby that is beneficial in so many ways.  There is nothing like a long run to clear your head.

*I did stray from my healthy eating plan the night before the race.  I enjoyed an amazing bowl of fresh pasta from Figo to get my carbs!

Tomorrow I am going to try a new recipe for healthy breakfast cookies, recipe to follow...

2 comments: