Sunday, February 5, 2012

This and that

While most people are enjoying the Super Bowl right now I am watching Top Chef, cooking dinner, and listening to my new puppy Milo cry from the second step of my stairs because he is too little to get down!
It has been a wonderful weekend full of crafting, cooking, and spending time with lovely people.

My sweet friend Kristen is expecting her first baby boy in a couple months so we got together on Saturday to make crafts for the nursery and we cooked a delicious brunch of bacon, fruit, blueberry sour cream cake with lemon cream, and hash brown casserole aka "crack potatoes."


Pretty soon my little blog will be taken over by baby shower planning for Kristen.  I have so many ideas and things to do before the day! We worked on making invitations this past weekend and I am so excited to share those with you soon.  It is so nice to be able to create things the way you want them when you can't find them in the store!

 Most of my time when not at work has been spent keeping an eye on this little guy....
don't let him fool you, he may be precious but he is a pistol.
 He has no fear and is always begging his big brother to play with him.



 These pictures are awful. I finished this project late at night and then packed it up to take to school the next day. I had made the bottom banner a couple years ago and then a friend at work asked me to make her one.
I made hers with red felt for the large heart and light pink for the middle.
This is an easy but time consuming project.




 School is crazy as usual! I made these little posters last week and hung them up in what I hope to become a "writer's wall."
 "I think we should take a break, for just a second." "I think we should stop altogether." "I agree!" "What are you guys talking about?"
It was so funny to see my kids read them for the first time- some of them got it right away and others were very confused!

I changed up my February bulletin board this year.
Inspiration once again from Pinterest....

Scrapbook paper has got to be one of my favorite things.


 This tree was not meant to be displayed in my classroom in February but....who wouldn't want a pink tree to look at?
My kids each decorated a heart and we hung them on the little pink tree.

 More puppy love.














No comments:

Post a Comment