Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Joy

It is Wednesday morning around 10am and I am still in my pj's with a cup of coffee and my puppy sitting on my lap...I don't have school all week and it has made me the happiest teacher around.  
I have been working on projects around the house, planning for a baby shower, cooking, and relaxing.
I better enjoy my last few days before the chaos begins again.

This year for Valentine's Day I got my husband and I copies of Max Lucado's devotional book called GRACE- For the Moment.  I love it because there is a little piece to read and respond to in the morning and evening. A few nights ago I came across a beautiful passage from A Love Worth Giving
It has reminded me that I am always too busy focusing on what I don't have that it puts up blinders for me to see what I do have! 

You have a ticket to heaven no thief can take, 
an eternal home no divorce can break.

Every sin of your life has been cast to the sea, 
Every mistake you've made is nailed to the tree.

You're blood- bought and heaven-made.
A child of God- forever saved.

So be grateful, joyful- for isn't it true?
What you don't have is much less
than what you do.

I keep going back to this page in the book because these words really stand out to me.  
This is a great little devotional if you are looking for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment