Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A lot of love

We have a great thing at school we call LOVE WEEK. It makes the days a little more exciting with sweets, treats, and contests. The negative to this week filled with love is that you can't eat healthy. It is Tuesday and I have already failed miserably. 

Monday started off with a brownie bake off....
I don't want to toot my own horn but I was the winner of the last bake off with my apple pie.
Sadly I didn't go into this contest with high hopes.

I made the salted caramel brownies.
This was my first and last time to make caramel from scratch, no thank you.

I also made the slutty brownies because I was intrigued. 
They turned out to be a mess in my opinion, I could not figure out how long they needed to bake.







 On Monday we also decorated our boxes for valentines.









Monday night I baked some cranberry bread for some sweet friends at work.
The tags have little lemon faces.


I could gobble this bread up all day long. 
It has this amazingly sweet lemon glaze on top.


 Each year I try to create cute valentines for my class.
Last year I made them birds and owls on my cricut.
I think I enjoy making them for my kids more than they like getting them...since this morning I had their cards on their desks when they walked in and the first reaction from a little boy was "Whaaat no candy?"
This year I used my rick rack scissors and cut around cupcake liners to make two different sized circles.

Using my cricut I added stems and grass.


I made an exception this time to use glitter.  Normally I don't like to have glitter anything in my house because it lingers....
I cut out the hearts on my cricut and used Martha Stewart glitter in three different shades of pink.



Today was a busy day at school! Each year I have the kids send in jars full of valentine candy and write the amount in the top of the lid. We have the class estimate how many pieces of candy are in each jar.  The student that guesses closest gets to take that jar home- everyone ends up with a new jar of candy and it is so fun!





 We also had our Valentine's Day party at school today. 
We had festive food and punch and made a cute handprint card.







The kids had a great day and went home with hands full of love!
I on the other hand went home and took a long nap.  
They wore me out!

The husband and I cooked a special dinner and are catching up on the bachelor. 
The perfect night at home...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tomorrow is candy day at school for the teachers- I think I will stay out of the work room tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment