Sunday, February 5, 2012

Getting organized

Last week I found the cutest pantry magnetic board on Pinterest.
I immediately called my dad and asked him to help me, he of course said he would.
He is the sweetest- I was at my parents today working on something with my mom and he washed my car for me while I was working. Anyway....the next day Dad and I headed to Lowe's for all the materials.
This was a quick and easy project and I love how it looks!

I can't keep this little guy out of the pantry-I guess he loves it too.


All of the materials came from Lowe's except the plaques and magnets are from Hobby Lobby.
My MIL had the frame for me to use, how perfect that it was already pink?
My first two kitchens were painted pink, when Andy and I bought this house he said it was time to have a grown up kitchen so it may not be pink but all of my kitchen appliances and accessories are :)

I spray painted the back sheet of aluminum aqua (rust-oleum) brand and then left the front screen silver so there would be contrast.

I loved the pattern!

To make the "To Do" and "To Buy" things I spray painted the wood and then attached scrapbook paper over the top.  I then added the letters.

I love it.  I keep opening the pantry just to look at it and try and think of things to add to my lists!

This was a fun weekend project with my sweet dad.  These could be put in any room, great for a kids room with a fun frame and paint color!

The best part is that it was easy to hang.  My dad has taught me a lot of things but hanging things is something I just don't have a talent for.  Luckily these will hang with command strips.  I used 6 to hang up the frame and one for each of the little wooden plaques.

No comments:

Post a Comment