Saturday, January 14, 2012

I can't believe it!

Wow- I started this blog a year ago!
There are times that I wonder why I blog? what do I really have going on in my life that I need to put out there?  Then there are times I love that I get to share the projects I am working on and get inspiration from other blogs.  I am glad that I have been able to keep this up for a year and am looking forward to a new year of crafting, cooking, and creating.  I have many quilts planned for this year-now I just need the time!

My house is decorated again for January.  I used a lot of the same things this year but added a few new things. I love taking down my Christmas decorations knowing that I have something new to put up!

 It is hard to see but I added this silver runner to the table behind my couch.
It was considered a Christmas item so I got it for half off after Christmas.

Found the birds at JoAnn this year.





 I love the colors of this months mantle.  There is a lot going on but the colors are all similar and it is a nice change after all the pops of color in December.








I love my Pottery Barn snowmen pillows!


 Poncho has a new scarf for January.

It is freezing here in Georgia this weekend.  
I am curled up in bed with Poncho watching Miss America and very thankful for a three day weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.







2 comments:

  1. I love your mantle! Its adorable. I love how you change things up often in your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mantles could be twins, we even have banner hanging there all year round that says "play." Anyhow, I love the idea of using ice skates as decoration that is so creative! I am going to try to get this same look for our mantle this Christmas!

    Cassidy
    http://thingslikeskeletonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete