Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas past...

Ooops, Christmas went by way too fast! Today was day one back with my 21 students and it was very different from my vacation days filled with pajamas and lattes.  It was wonderful to see their smiling faces but it also made me miss my two week break.  Here is a recap of our lovely Christmas as a family.  Andy realized this year that we had been celebrating together for 8 years, such a blessing.

Our enormously wide tree this year, it took up half of our dining room!



I made these owl ornaments for all my family/friends last Christmas.






My beaded glass garland is one of my favorite Christmas decorations. 
I do seem to break some of it each year so I hope Target brings it back around....

I started collecting snowmen two years ago and my table is already full!

I had this made on etsy last year and it is so special!





Christmas quilt I made years ago!


The bulb border is my favorite part.

I made this advent calendar two years ago- it took many months, many hours, and much patience.  

Christmas mantle!

Yarn wrapped wreath with sewn (that might not be a word?) felt holly leaves and buttons for berries.



These ribbon trees were made from styrofoam cones and ruffled ribbon.



Runner made with some of my favorite Christmas prints.



 Christmas bathroom.

Guest bedroom

Other guest bedroom

Christmas S & P shakers

I made our stockings a few years ago and they hang in our bedroom.

Each year I have a theme for wrapping my presents- I realize I sound a bit rediculous...
Last year I made owl ornaments and owl gift tags.

This year I went with a bird theme.




I am not a huge red person so my paper was light green, hot pink, and another green pattern.

I cut the tags out on my cricut, sewed a ruffle of fabric, and then sewed the ruffle on the paper tag.
So fast and I love how they turned out!

I ordered these tags from expressionary.com
I love that site!






I love my huge tote bags from Thirty-One- they are a huge help when taking gifts to all the family Christmas events!

Mom and I (more mom than me to be honest) made this peppermint layer cake for Christmas Eve at their house.

You lay peppermints in a circle and bake them in the oven and it makes a great display.


Sweet baby Chloe was born a few days before Christmas and I got to spend some time with her, so precious.

Poncho was eyeing the cake.

 My dad with his prize from white elephant.

Poncho with his Christmas scarf.

My mom with one of her presents. My MIL actually made these for my aunt and myself, I love it!

This amazing Hope Chest was a gift from my parents, it found the perfect place in our master bedroom.

Poncho was ready to go home!













2 comments: