Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holiday withdrawal....

I took down my Valentine's decorations earlier this week and the house looked empty and sad.  My husband asked me what holiday was going up next and I didn't have one!  Last year I put up a few things for St. Patrick's Day but I looked at them this year and realized they were not so cute.....plus I'm not Irish and clover green is not really my color.  So....I went with a neutral bird theme until it is officially Spring! I already have some really cute Easter ideas for my mantle.

My front entry table normally has frames on it for each season and holiday so this was the first time I had to think of a way to decorate it.  I love birds and wanted to spell out "home" but then thought I would go the Pottery Barn route and I went with "nest."  I really like how it turned out.

The two twirly looking things on the sides were 70% off at JoAnns so I snagged those up and knew I would use them in lots of different places.





My mantle was a bit of a puzzle this time.  I usually fill it up with holiday decorations galore but I tried to keep it very simple this time.  I of course went to Target and easily found multiple things to buy.  

I LOVE the wreath I found, it has a great texture and neutral color.  


It reminds me of shaved pieces of tree bark.

I have had these two bird things for a while now but was always looking for something to fill them with. I found these miscellaneous items at Target and went with two boxes of brown/white and one green. 

Don't even ask how long it took me to get these full and not spilling out when I flipped it over.  Good thing I was alone....











1 comment:

  1. I absolutely ENVY your decorating skills. So glad you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete