Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guilty

I can't deny a dessert with fruit in it.  I have a good friend that I teach with who makes the BEST sugar cookies ever.  I started using the sugar cookie mix that she uses once she told me about it, the secret ingredient for her cookies is in the frosting....
The other day I came across this recipe that was so simple and it used the cookie mix!  I made it a few weeks ago and then made it again last night for some boys coming over to watch a dunking competition (not my cup of tea, I ate my dessert and read an US Weekly).

This is the cookie mix


Triple Berry Cookie Crumble



Ingredients:
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup sugar (I used a lot less the second time because it was really sweet)
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
2 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup cookie mix and 1/2 cup sugar. In large bowl, toss together strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Sprinkle with cookie mix-sugar mixture. Toss gently until berries are well coated. Place fruit mixture in baking dish.
3. In medium bowl, mix together remaining cookie mix and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or fork, cut butter into cookie mix until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evening over fruit.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubble.  Serve warm or room temperature.  


It's so good that you may end up sitting at your computer eating a bowl full.  Guilty me...

No comments:

Post a Comment