Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cards and Candy

I love going to the store to pick out cards for people.  I tend to buy birthday cards weeks, okay fine months ahead of time and then have a stash of cards for different occasions.  As much as I love standing in Super Target picking out the perfect card for that person I have started making all of my cards for gifts.  I love that I can pick out the colors for the person and match it to their personality.  These are just a few of the cards I have made lately.  I am hoping to find some time to make more cards that are more generic that people could keep and use for many occasions.

 Rebecca's card for her baby shower

Valentine for my Dad

Valentine for my husband

Kristen's birthday card

I always try to make little gifts for the teachers I work with for each holiday.  This year I made little gift tags and chocolate covered pretzels for Valentine's Day.  I stamped one side of the tag and sewed the heart on another tag and then glued them together (I used two because I didn't want the thread to show on the other side).  



I must stop baking so that I will stop eating.  This week I made over 300 chocolate covered pretzels, six dozen oreo truffles, red velvet whoopee/whoopie (no idea which way is correct) pies, and an apple crisp.

The bags were very pink and festive!  












2 comments:

  1. I, once again am jealous of your creativity! GRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you Cuttlebug the middle layer in the first three cards?? How did you get them to look corrugated? Love them! (PS: This is Steph - not sure if my name is going to show up or not.)

    ReplyDelete