Saturday, March 31, 2012

Birdy

I adore birds.
Well....I don't have them as pets, thank goodness.

When I knew I wanted to throw Kristen her baby shower and one of her fabrics had yellow birds on it I went with that theme! Some may say I went overboard :)

I am not an artist by any means....painting is not on my list of hobbies.
I decided to give this little project a shot and thought it would be great it if worked out and no big deal if it turned out terrible.

This project was fabulous because it was basically FREE!
I just picked up a couple bottles of acrylic paint at JoAnn.

My dad had a scrap piece of plywood and I drew an outline of a bird in pencil.
He cut out the bird, I'm assuming with a jigsaw.  

I did 2-3 coats of light grey.

Then added multiple coats of orange for the feet and beak.



Luckily I had a circle template at home that I used to make the yellow circles on the birdy.

Painting on my granite counter was not the best plan....I was scraping little dots of paint off my counter for days.....

Added a little black eye!

The last step was to add the white and black highlights.

I love how he turned out!
Now I want to make them all the time.  
How cute would an Easter egg be?  Or a pumpkin?  There might be a lot more of these in my future.



No comments:

Post a Comment