Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Etsy or not to Etsy....

Now that the school year is over and post planning is finished and my classroom is quiet and calm I have time to create things.  We had planned on having a Spring craft sale at school for the teachers to buy things at but everyone was really busy and it didn't happen.  I did bring a few things that I had been working on over the past couple of months to try and sell.  I (messily) set them up in my classroom in between meetings and hoped that I would sell things :) People were busy so I was left with a lot at the end of the day.  I have been trying to decide if I should open an Etsy.  I would love opinions on Etsy shops; are they easy?  expensive?  I think my hesitation is what if I spend all this time putting my things online and then no one buys them?  I guess I need to get over that if I want to keep creating things and make something out of my hobby.  Please excuse these pictures- I did not have a cute set up that day, just school desks pushed together!  I will label which things I have left if anyone is interested.

I loved, loved, LOVED making these little kid aprons.

Riley Grace has the dog one....

and Mary Peyton has the bunny.

So adorable :) I love making things for little ones.

Gift tags (1 pack left)

Cooking labels (available)

More gift tags (available)

I love making these message bags. Inside each bag are 10 card stock cut outs that you can write little notes on for someone special.  I have given them as gifts. (Birthday wishes is available)

(All of these are available and can also make custom ones)

I couldn't sell things without having owls. They are pin cushions or could be something else if you take the pins out. (The little one and big one with a heart are available)

Loved the birds nest frame.  Secretly I didn't want it to sell so that it could live in my house.

This one also sold which made me sad/happy at the same time.

Now to decide on whether or not to make the leap and open an Etsy.














4 comments:

  1. I don't have an Etsy shop, but I have purchased items from there. You are so creative and your stuff is so cute! If Etsy is affordable I definitely think you should set one up! =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should obviously open an etsy shop. it's super easy and costs almost nothing. you'd sell so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so cute! i love everything that you make so much. i am studying to be a teacher and i really hope i cant be the same type of teacher that you are. it shows you really care about your students. all of the crafts are so cute i may have to save some ideas for my own future class. oh and i love owls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. I know my blog is more cooking, every day stuff, but I would love to put up a post about your cute homemade items! Let me know if that would be okay - we can generate more followers that way. :) I am in need of some recipe cards I want you to make - I'll check in with you on FB about that.

    ReplyDelete