Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another year down!

It is hard to believe that I just finished my third year of teaching.  I am so blessed to teach at a wonderful Christian school that is full of support and encouragement.  I am so thankful for the kids and parents I built relationships with this year.  It was sad to see my sweet kids move on but I am very ready for a summer break!  I have high hopes of new projects, vacations, time spent reading on my porch, and cooking! I also may stay up later than 9pm and sleep in past 5am!
This year I did something new for my kids end of the year gift.  I wanted to make them something that they could use from year to year.  I had so many wonderful parents take pictures this year that I knew I wanted to do something with a picture. 

I had ordered these plain picture holders two years ago and never knew what to do with them.


I decided to spray paint them.  I used painters tape to cover the wire picture holder.


I did 7 pink, 7 brown, and 7 blue. They took a few coats to really cover well.


I then added their initial from scrapbook paper.  I put chip board behind the letters to give it some depth and then used a hot glue gun to attach to the block.


I put a class picture from the first week of school to show them how much they have grown up.


For the boys I added stickers that talked about the school year.


The girls had flowers!


I wrote each of them a note on the bottom with the date.

It was a fun and easy project.  The kids were excited that they could change out the picture! 

Now onto relaxing and sleeping in.....

1 comment:

  1. so cute! just discovered your blog! you are so crafty! I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete