Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gifts of love!

Still catching up on Valentine's Day.....
I think one of the reasons I enjoy teaching elementary school is that we (teachers and students) get really excited about every holiday!

This year my sweet friend Kristen made me a homemade edible arrangement.
Isn't it amazing??
My husband has been on tour this month and was gone for Valentine's Day. She brought me this gift and it made my day! It's a good thing I took a picture right away because it didn't stay untouched for long! She even made the marshmallows from scratch!

This next gift was such a fun surprise! I had physical therapy on V-Day and on my way home my mom had told me to check every room in my house for a gift. I had a little hunch where to look and I was so pleasantly surprised!! 
My mom made me a quilted fabric cover for my ironing board.

The fabrics are adorable. This cute little gift might even make me iron more!


The set of fabrics are all about sewing and there are little birds.



The other gift I got to give this year was to some teachers at work.
I tend to give food gifts but this year I realized that we had so many treats at school that I wanted to stay away from sugar!


I had these white and gray tags in my craft room and the washi tape. I had picked up the flower embellishments at Michael's a couple weeks ago and thought they all went well together.

I stamped the first letter of the name and just wrote out the rest with a pen.

I was trying to come up with something witty and clever for the gift tags and this was the best I could do "You hold a special place in my heart."



 These bookmarks were fairly simple and quick to make. Of course I waited till the night before to put them together so it seemed a bit time consuming in the moment.
I made a simple pattern and cut out the two layers of fabric and a layer of thick felt for the middle so it would be stiff.

I cut out the gray felt hearts and hand stitched them on with pink embroidery thread.

Added the strips of ribbon at the top and sewed all the way around.

I wanted them to be pink but not all V-Day fabrics.
I found both fabrics at JoAnn.

Since my husband was out of town I figured that we would celebrate when he got back home....he was sweet and thought ahead and had this gift waiting for me at home!

He got me an amazing training watch for my half marathon.
Too bad my knee is injured and I haven't been able to use it yet!
I can't wait to run outside again and use it.
It is just so cute with the pink on it.

So for now I will continue with physical therapy and ice my knee.
I am going a litte stir crazy with not being able to be as active. I have found a little too much comfort in food lately.
Monday starts over with no white flour and sugar....wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment