Monday, March 25, 2013

Family!

Oh geez. A month has gone by already and nothing on the blog.
A couple weekends ago we celebrated my sister in law's engagement to a great friend.

I knew I wanted to bring them a gift to celebrate the happy occasion but what is one to bring to an engagement party when they aren't registered yet and there isn't a theme?
Themes are life savers in my opinion.
Our engagement party was at Christmas time and everyone brought us an ornament, it is so fun unpacking those special ornaments each year...

Luckily, an idea popped into my head!
I had seen in an old craft book a baby frame that had been appliqued with flowers around a picture so I went with that idea.
I found this adorable robot fabric that stuck out to me because the groom's name is Robert and my husband always calls him Robo, and it went with it!
I knew I had to find elephant fabric for my sister in law because she loves them!
I got baby pictures from the two moms and printed them in black and white so they would look more uniform.

To add more detail to the fabric I embroidered the images on the fabrics.
French knots on the robots circles and running stitches around the other shapes and designs.


I put red polka dot ribbon around the picture to finish it off!




One of the wedding colors is similar to this ribbon so I picked it out, plus the bride loves blue so I thought it was a safe choice.

I embroidered the little black feet, eyes, ears, blue bird, grass, and flower.

These were a bit time consuming to make but so much fun. 
I loved putting time into a gift for two people that mean a lot to me and will be in my life forever.

These would look adorable in a nursery one day! Not the beginning goal but kind of turned out to be cute in a kids room!




1 comment: