Monday, January 28, 2013

Joy

I don't usually use this blog to share my inner thoughts, fears, prayers, and concerns but I felt a little tug to share this simple quote and what it has stirred up inside of me. 


I can't even remember where I came across this quote but it grabbed my attention and I can't shake it.

Lately I have been wondering "How do I hear God?"
Sometimes I hear stories about how people heard God talk to them and this weekend I have been seeking God's guidance in many areas of my life. 

I think this quote is so powerful because it applies to every aspect of our lives.
Comparing our houses, cars, relationships, material possessions, jobs, kids, events, and so much more.

It is easy to feel wonderful when you have the nicest wardrobe, car, or job of all your friends
BUT....
that doesn't matter at all. 
I want to appreciate, recognize, and cherish the simple and grand things in my life.

My husband and I have had some challenging times in our marriage, haven't we all??
He is a super creative musician and was able to process many things through lyrics and we are now at the other side celebrating our journey. 
I used to look back and feel sad for myself and compare other marriages. 
I am so thankful today that God has put the joy in my heart to appreciate what I have.

I teach 2nd grade and one of the things I love most about my full day with kids is watching them be joyful. Simple things excite them and they don't have the worries that can come with being an adult. 
Oh to be a kid again and not know what calories are.....

I have put this image as my background on my phone and it is a wonderful and constant reminder to be content and thankful.

I have a pot of soup on the stove and some great tv to catch up on.
I hope everyone has a great week!




2 comments:

  1. Amen friend! Comparison IS the thief of joy! I think about it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you share feelings on your blog! All of this is so true- thank you for being so real and transparent with this post. I definitely needed to read this today!

    ReplyDelete