Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Past

 I win the award for worst blogger ever.
Once school got out for Christmas vacation I let go of everything.
Being home these past two weeks has been perfect. 
I am in serious mourning about going back to work....

 For Christmas this year I made treats for my teacher friends.
To me there is nothing better than a mason jar to package goodies in, add some fabric and a gift tag and you are all set!


I filled the jars with Christmas Crack-I had never made this before and I don't think I will be allowed to make it again because I have zero self control with it.
You basically layer saltines, melted butter, brown sugar, chocolate and bake. 

 Christmas morning was quiet at our house. The husband and I opened gifts with the pups and then headed to his parents for breakfast and gifts.




Each year I choose a wrapping theme and make tags and ornaments for each family member.
This year I went with reindeer, I had so much fun making the ornaments.
I always decorate Christmas with pink and green so I was really excited when I found the polka dot paper at Hobby Lobby, great place for wrapping paper!

I promise he was happy Christmas morning.
He was so festive with his Bill Murray Santa shirt....

The pups were spoiled from their stocking full of toys!

This was one of my favorite gifts for my husband.
I bought a bunch of small whisky bottles from total wine and arranged them in a tray. I used mens dress shirt fabrics to sew little bags to fit the bottles in and tied them up with twine!
I also gave him etched whisky glasses with his initials.

 This year we did Christmas with my side of the family at my parents lake house in Lake Hartwell. I went up after Christmas and had a lovely vacation there, nothing but naps, puzzles, food, books, and family. 
We don't really decorate the lake house for Christmas so I brought up my mini pink tree from school to be festive. 

My favorite gift for my dad this year was lots of restaurant gift cards! On the tags I wrote the famous slogans and had him guess where they were to- "I'm lovin' it!"


For the guys I made the reindeer ornaments with red ribbon and I spray painted bottle caps red.

This owl bag was full of prizes for my beautiful niece Letty.

Family stockings!

The ladies ornaments had pink ribbon and pink bottle caps. I also stamp the year and my initials on the back of the ornaments each year. 


I made the reindeer tags on my cricut.


These ornaments are super special. My parents painted them their first year married and we brought them up to the lake to decorate the tree with, very vintage!






Poncho's spot at the lake.

My mom got this baby nativity for Letty to play with as she grows up. It is adorable and plays Away In A Manger when you push on the angel.

Sweet Letty ready for a walk at the lake. How cute is she dressed? 

Uncle Andy playing with Letty.

Letty in her new overalls and new red rocking chair!

It was a wonderful week at the lake and I wish I could go back right now!
It was so much fun to spend time with family and relax.






No comments:

Post a Comment