Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tick tock...

Ooops.  It has been far too long since I have last posted something.  I have taken so many pictures lately but have not found the time to sit down and put them on my computer.  With Christmas right around the corner I wanted to post about the things we have been creating in our classroom this month.  I have two and a half days of school left before Christmas break, there are no words to describe how excited I am!

Scrap wreath hanging on my classroom door

This was made on one of those wire wreath forms and took a long time to make!

Sewed felt leaves and sewed on a big button!

Back view of the wreath

Our tree this month has a new project!  I had not made these with my class before and I loved how they turned out!

My, my how paint chips have changed over the years.  It was really hard to find ones that would work for this project. I ended up getting square ones from Home Depot and cutting them in half so that the numbers were cut off.

At first I was going to punch the hats out on my cricut but I am so glad I didn't. 
I love how each student made their hat different, it made them look handmade. 

We used small brads for eyes, ribbon for a scarf, and buttons down the front.
Simple, cheap, and cute!


We decorated light bulbs and hung them in our two big windows.

The ribbon made it look like they were strung along!


Each year I like to have parents come in and help the class make Christmas ornaments.
We only made two this year but I was pleased with both of them!


We took small clay pots and glued on eyes and a bright red nose!
The eye lashes were drawn on with sharpie.
The adults had to hot glue in the ribbon and antlers.



Christmas card we made for the parents this year.
I am a sucker for anything with a kids handprint.
(The hats were cut out on my cricut)

First we filled the ornament with fake snow.  
Word to the wise- bring lots of funnels to school that day or else you will have a mess all over your room!

Again I love how each student made their snowman look different!



Merry Christmas everyone!



2 comments:

  1. So cute, Amy!! That wreath is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are so unbelievably crafty it's not fair. I never did half the craftiness you do! You're such a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete