Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas in 2nd Grade!

School is out! I have had coffee in my pajamas, slept in, gone shopping, wrapped all my presents, and much more.  It is so nice to have a break!  We were very busy the week before with all of our Christmas activities.....

We started the week with a pajama day and a Polar Express party!

Sweet moms sent in Starbucks hot chocolate and popcorn.

My gift to my class this year was a Christmas Flat Stanley book.


After watching the Polar Express the kids did a great activity that went along with the movie.

They had to match up words that were synonyms from the movie and it was a great challenge! 

My husband "Mr. Andy" surprised my class one day and came in to read to them.

They wanted him to read Rock Star Santa.  He couldn't get away before they all asked for his autograph, it was adorable. 

Next was our Christmas party!

The kids decorated gingerbread cookies.

They also had a secret ornament exchange, so fun for them!


 Each year I try and think of something new to make for my teacher friends.  
This year I spotted something adorable on Pinterest and had to try it!
I made Santa hats out of red candy coating, white sprinkles, bugles, and mini marshmellows.






The rest of the party mix had pretzels, peanuts, craisens, chex, and holiday m&m's.


I sewed a felt heart and lines on a piece of paper to go under the lid.




Isn't everything adorable in a mason jar?









No comments:

Post a Comment