Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Traditions!

I love the 4th of July. However, I do not love the massive crowds and parking ordeals. Last year my best friend and I started spending the week of the 4th in Palm Beach. We cook a lovely meal at home and then watch all of the fireworks from the deck with a glass of wine and some patriotic music. Stress free!
This year we decided to make roasted cauliflower with garlic & onion, crash hot potatoes, southern green beans with bacon, and triple berry cobbler. Here are some pictures from our cooking experience...


We roasted cauliflower with onion and garlic.


Cooked bacon and garlic for a bit before added in the green beans.

For the first time I bought red, white, and blue potatoes.  

They boiled until they were fork tender.

We smashed them and brushed them with olive oil and assorted herbs and baked on 350 for 25 minutes.

My full plate!  Everything was delicious. 

While we were eating we baked this triple berry cobbler.

I had made this before, super fast, easy, and delicious.

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July!  










No comments:

Post a Comment