Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tardy for the party!

Did you get my Kim Zolciak reference? We had a luau at our house weeks ago and I have been meaning to post pictures. I wanted to throw something to get everyone together from my husbands band once they got home from tour.  It was summer and I love a theme so I went all out with a Luau!

I mailed out invitations...

Come on in!

Sign hanging by the front door.

I wanted flowers all over the house to give it a tropical feel.

I changed out one of the frames to show a family picture in our Hawaiian clothes on a trip we took a long time ago!

I don't think you can see in these pictures but in the bottom of the clear vases I put sea shells and each vase had an umbrella in it for decoration.

All of the flowers came from my MIL's garden.  A great way to cut cost on a party!

The decorations were my favorite part.  The Hawaiian shirt napkins started the whole luau idea a year ago.  These silverware packages are great- they were left over from a wedding shower for Andy and me and they had bamboo silverware inside.

I got these great plates from Target at the beginning of the summer. I wanted something that was perfect for the theme and could be used over and over again. 

The table where the food was served.  I guess I got a little wrapped up in the party and forgot to take pictures of all the food!


The screened in porch was also decorated!

We had ukuleles and hula hoops!

The mantle really made the house look luau ready... I found some tiki men, a pineapple, and added some fresh flowers.  
I made the banner on my Cricut and made the wreath as well.

The wreath was super easy- styrofoam wreath form and tons of paper umbrellas in various sizes.



Blake helped me with the whole party- I could not have done it without her!

I made Poncho a luau scarf so he fit in!

I bought this shirt a long time ago and he obviously grew out of it. I had to come up with something else.

He was not happy with how tight it was, or that it was on him at all.

I cut off the top of the shirt to get the biggest piece of fabric and then sewed it into a scarf!







Daniel playing the bowling pineapples with a coconut.

Hula hoop contest!

We also had a limbo game going but I can't find those pictures.

Since I forgot to take pictures of all the food I will just have to leave you with the menu...

LUAU MENU:
BBQ pulled pork
Pineapple teriyaki chicken meatballs
Fruit salad
Pasta salad with pine nuts, basil, green onion, parmesan cheese, and olive oil
Sweet potato fries
Corn on the cob
Dessert was light and refreshing.  We had fruit sorbets in the real fruit shell.

The drink of the night had its own special name: HULA KULA YUM YUM.
Yum, yum is what they were.  It was muddled watermelon with sweet tea vodka, a splash of lemonade, and mint for garnish.

It was a great night with great people!





























1 comment:

  1. I loved this post and our luau! I'm ready for your next party!

    ReplyDelete