Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bestie Birthday Brunch

Blake and I have been friends for ages....she is my oldest and greatest friend.
Some of our best times together involve food, okay we always have food when we are together. SO- it was a no brainer that to celebrate her birthday I was going to have her over for brunch.

The Menu:
Roasted Strawberry Parfaits
Banana Cream Cheese stuffed French Toast
Breakfast Potatoes
Champagne with Peach Nectar

I had never roasted strawberries before...it might be my new favorite thing to do.
So simple and makes a big difference. 
Quarter strawberries and toss with a little brown sugar on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on 425. I used it to layer in the parfaits but would be so good as an ice cream topping, on angel food cake, and more!
Let the roasted strawberries cool and then layer with greek yogurt that has been mixed with honey.

I added a little granola between layers.
Serve in mason jars! Can keep in fridge till ready to serve.
I had a leftover one for breakfast the next day, easy, mostly healthy, and delicious.
Roasting the strawberries brings out the juices and a sweet flavor.

 Next up I prepared the banana cream cheese stuffed french toast.
Melt some butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a pan and add in cut up bananas. Cook till the sauce is thick and the bananas are soft.
Once the bananas are cooked I let them cool and then mixed them with cream cheese.

The best part of this recipe was that you soak it in the usual egg wash (+ rum extract) and then you bake it for 25 minutes, so easy!


While the french toast was baking I could chop and boil the white and sweet potatoes.

Cooked some bacon for the potatoes and of course used the bacon grease to cook the potatoes in....

Add in some garlic, onion, salt, and pepper and you have the perfect breakfast potatoes.


The table had to be festive for the birthday girl.


The birthday girl got the special seat.


I ordered Blake this journal from May Designs, they make the cutest stuff. 
You also can't have a celebration without Doritos, right?!?

It was a lovely morning with my best friend.
Looking forward to many more celebrations with her in the future!





No comments:

Post a Comment