Sunday, April 28, 2013

Banner!

 The Spanish teacher at work asked me to make her a banner for Cinco de Mayo.
I went back and forth with spelling that out or just having the colors....I ended up putting the word 'Fiesta' because I felt like she could use the banner more with that phrase.
I don't decorate my house for Cinco de Mayo so it was fun to make this for a friend.

I knew the colors should be red, green, and yellow but I couldn't find the right colored paper to work with this project. I pulled a lot of paper but felt like it looked like a circus on paper.
As I was walking out of the store I saw the cutest roll of wrapping paper. Never used that material before but I decided to give it a go!


I knew I wanted some fun colorful fringe to hang the banner with, luckily I found it!
The colors in the paper are a little more fun and colorful than I first planned but I think it makes the banner cheerful!

For the maracas I made them out of felt and ric rac.

I cut the letters out on my cricut and attached them with 3d stickers so that they stood out from the background paper.

Hopefully this will bring some cheer to her house for Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment