Monday, April 29, 2013

1st Birthday!

I had no idea a year could go by so quickly!
Sweet baby Asher turned one this past week.
It has been so fun to watch his year of firsts. 
Sitting up, rolling over, crawling, eating, clapping, and so much more!

For his gift I decided to make him an 'I Spy' quilt.
His nursery is yellow and grey and mom loves chevron...when I found this wrapping paper I knew it was perfect.


I think the quilt label might be my favorite part- I love hand embroidery and it was fun to make the little elephant.


I had been collecting fabrics for the I Spy squares for a long time. 
I went to a quilt shop back in February and found the green and white chevron.
Since there was so much chevron pattern in the middle I went with polka dots for the two outer borders. The binding is a small grey pattern.

There are two of each square, when he gets older he can find the matching squares and play I Spy.

Picking out the fabrics was so much fun!


Loved this states fabric- the mom is from Kentucky so I put her state on there!

The matching square is Georgia!

 You can see the quilting here- various sizes of circles. It was a fun balance with the chevron pattern.

The elephants are the backing, really fun colors.

How pretty is this cake? Kristen did such a good job making the topper, it spells out his name.

The cake was delicious!

Sweetest face ever.
He is such a little man, he looked adorable in his outfit.


Playing on his new quilt.


Cake time!

He was the cutest birthday boy.
I feel so blessed to know him and be able to spend time with him.

We ended the celebration with dinner at Figo, it was perfect.
I can't believe how fast a baby grows up, the first year is an amazing thing to watch.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these pictures, Amy! And that quilt! It's gorgeous and so clever and he will love love love it! You put so much care into everything you do... you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete