Monday, November 5, 2012

School Treats!

In two weeks it will be Thanksgiving break! I am so blessed to have a whole week off from work and be able to relax and spend time with family, I can't wait.
The last two weeks have been full of cooking, school events, and vacations. 

We had a Spooky Treats cook off at school the other week.
I found this recipe for Candy Bar Bark and went with it...
Chopped up butterfingers, reese's peanut butter cups, and heath bars.

Pretzels and reese's pieces

Melt milk chocolate and spread over lined baking sheet.
Spread out the chopped up candy pieces.

Melt white chocolate and sprinkle over candy pieces.
While white chocolate is still warm add the broken pretzel pieces and reese's pieces.
Let cool and harden.
Break into pieces and serve!

These pictures are completely irrelevant but too cute not to share.
My kids were in a spanish heritage chapel and some of the moms made these adorable potato costumes.


Don't even ask me what the song was about. All in spanish.

Our next big event in 2nd grade was the annual Book Parade!
My favorite thing of the school year- book fair and a parade with costumes.
This year I chose a book about owls, shocker.
My sweet room mom helped me put together the banner for the kids to carry.
The background is blue felt and the letters are sparkly white paper that I cut out on my Cricut.


The kids made their mini owls out of felt, paper, and googly eyes.



My sweet little owls!

The precious little white owl.




Each mom made the costume for their child from hundreds of felt flowers!


We parade around the school and the parents take pictures and cheer the kids on!

The next day at school was conference day for the teachers and the kids had the day off.
Each year the climate team at work tries to make a little special treat for the teachers to enjoy on their long day of parent teacher conferences.
This year we went with popcorn!
Some sweet teacher friends came over to help me make the two kinds of popcorn.

We made a sweet one with drizzled white and milk chocolate and fun Fall sprinkles.
The other was a savory popcorn made with chopped rosemary, fresh parmesan, salt, and pepper.

It was a fun filled week at school with lots of sweet treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment