Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy late Halloween!

I know I am way off with this Halloween post. I left town the next day and am still trying to settle in and keep up with school!
For Halloween this year I wanted to make a special snack for my teacher friends. I usually go with the chocolate covered pretzels but wanted to mix it up this time.
I found a recipe for Halloween people puppy chow and went with it....

If you are reading "people puppy chow" and have no idea what I am talking about then you are seriously missing out. This stuff is so addicting and amazing.

I made a big batch! Half of the mix was melted peanut butter, butter, white chocolate, and vanilla and then you coat the chex in powdered sugar.
The other half was also melted peanut butter, butter, vanilla. You add milk chocolate to make the chex darker and then toss the chex in powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
I regret posting this today because I am on day #4 of no white flour and no sugar. I would pay a pretty penny for a bowl full of those goodies right now.

Once the chex has cooled you mix in some reese's pieces for Halloween fun!


How stinkin' cute are these bags?
I found them online months ago and ordered them right away!






 On Halloween we had a Fall party, wore wacky Wednesday clothes, and got messy with pumpkins!
We estimated the number of seeds inside various pumpkins.



They had to work as a group to remove all the seeds and count them.
(yes that is a Valentine plate in October)

She was a trooper getting her hands all messy!!

 In the afternoon some parents came in to throw the Fall party!
They had cute games, food, and a craft!







It was a CRAZY day in 2nd grade!



1 comment:

  1. We call that snack "muddy buddies"- its REALLY awesome!! I made it for my kids a couple of times and now my husband and I love it. I have to make huge batches now if we want any because the kids will tear it up.

    ReplyDelete