Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Little Man!

This past weekend I got to spend some much needed time with this little man.
I had not seen him in a few weeks and I was so excited to hang out with him.
His sweet mom even put him in this owl outfit I gave him.
He is already 4 months old!


 Look at that face!

I wanted him to pose with the little owl stuffed animal.

After spending some time with the little man his mom and I made a delicious and not so healthy lunch.

We sauteed some asparagus. She also cooked some mushrooms but I really dislike them so I couldn't even take a picture.

Probably our most amazing risotto yet. On top we put asparagus and sauteed bacon with onions. We also cooked the risotto in some bacon fat.
I think we both just sat there eating and taking turns talking about how happy we were to be eating such delicious food. Risotto is the best comfort food and it is fancy food in my opinion!

 The first week of school I had a parent come in for Mystery Reader and they read books about donuts and brought in a mini donut maker and made chocolate treats for everyone. I am not a chocolate donut fan so I didn't try one but knew that the donut maker had to come live at my house. So...the next day I hit the store and brought one home for $25.

We went with an apple cinnamon batter and a maple glaze on top.

I quickly figured out that  you don't want to over fill the donut maker.

They are mini and so cute!

I just dipped the cooled donuts in the glaze and they set up perfectly.

Of course sprinkles make everything better!

It was a yummy meal! We have decided to get together once a month to cook a fun meal. 
More to come!
I can't wait for the little man to start eating foods so that I can introduce him to his first piece of bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment