Saturday, August 25, 2012

A New Year!

 I have been a bad, bad blogger.  School started a little over two weeks ago and it has been consuming my life! When I am not at school I am at home napping because I am so tired. 

Excuses, excuses, excuses....

School is now in full swing and I am adjusting to the extra early mornings and the voice of 19 children saying my name over and over again.


I have 12 boys and 7 girls this year. All precious and adorable. They are a fun group with some unique personalities. My favorite thing about them so far is the way they pray, so precious. I am either controlling my laughter or wiping my years at the end of their prayers. There is nothing sweeter than listening to a seven year old talk to God. 

I stayed in the same classroom this year, thank goodness. I did end up moving my desk to the opposite side of the room and of course wanted to change some things on my walls. Here are some pictures of my room for the new school year.

I used my same pin wheel wreath for the first couple weeks of school.


I started this wall of little quotes and sayings last year. Isn't Pinterest wonderful?

The bottom little one says "Have an attitude of gratitude." They are placed right by the door so I can easily reference them when we are in line.

This is new- each math game has a big card with directions and then there are little containers inside the shelves that hold all the game materials and the name of the game.

I'd be lost without my cricut.

New fabric covering a table.

New owl signs.

Hard to see but one window says "Welcome to" and the next window says "2nd Grade!"

I LOVE this. I found it on Pinterest and am so excited about how it turned out!! We read the class promise together and then each student made their own face to put around the promise. Two students were absent the day we made them, thats why the bottom looks a little empty.

I love the big polka dot border!





Owl paintings that I have done or students have done for me.


Classroom library

My new class!



Made this HW sign on my cricut.

 This next bulletin board might be my favorite thing I started this year.
I ordered the book "Have you filled a bucket today?" from Amazon and read it to my class on the first day of school. It is all about being a bucket filler and not a bucket dipper. The book gives great examples and illustrations of how everyone carries an imaginary bucket and your goal is to fill someone else's. 


Each child has a pocket on this board that is their "bucket." We have paper slips in the room that the kids can fill out when someone fills their bucket. Once they fill a slip out they put it in the big pink bucket and once a week I read the slips and put the papers in their "buckets."


I got the little pails in the dollar spot at Target and my dad cut them in half so I could hang them up against the wall and they would lay flat. I covered the handle in fabric scraps and stapeled the fabric to the wall to help it stay up.


My owl treat jar from my husband :)

This year has already been a busy one! I am very blessed to work at a Christian school with sweet teacher friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment