Saturday, July 28, 2012

Healthy Eats

I love food. I love planning yummy meals. I would choose to eat above most other things.
What I have realized since getting home from vacation is that I can't keep eating chips three times a day and having ice cream for a mid-day snack if I want to fit in my current wardrobe.
So...my husband has been home for the past couple of nights and we eat very differently but both want to be healthy. 
With me being a vegetarian (except for bacon and chicken if it is cooked at home) and my husband not eating carbs or sugar we have to get a little creative around here.

We used my newly monogrammed Anthropologie napkins at dinner.

While in Palm Beach I picked up a great mandoline slicer at Williams Sonoma. I came home wanting to try it out! We used it for sweet potato fries in the oven.

I made the grilled corn and asparagus salad again, it was even better this time.


Grill one bunch of asparagus and four ears of corn. Let them cool off and then take the kernels off the cob and cut the asparagus into bite size pieces. Cut up some fresh basil and throw in the bowl with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil, lastly throw in a generous handful of fresh mozzarella pearls. 

The husbands plate, I could never eat that much chicken!
It was a yummy and healthy meal with some refreshing watermelon.

I need more healthy recipes for us for dinner. With a new school year starting in a week (holy cow) I need to be organized. The last thing I feel like doing after spending full days with seven year olds is cook and clean! 

I did take a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday and went a little crazy.
I was really good until I found the aisle with the chocolate covered potato chips, you can't blame me for picking those up!!! By the way, they were amazing. You should pick up a bag, or four.

No comments:

Post a Comment