Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How much is too much?

Well- it has only taken 15 days of being around kid germs to get sick.  One of the joys of being a teacher.

On to my lastest project!

 I started these a long time ago....


They are at the top of the stairs in the "landing/loft?" I had the "mini quilts" finished a while ago but was in search of the perfect frames for them.

*Please ignore the pile of CLEAN laundry- my husband just got home from tour for a month.

I was so excited when I found this frame at an antique market. My dad put a wood board behind the frame so it would be more stable.

I had a pattern for this mini quilt.  I wanted to find vintage looking fabrics.

I used velcro dots to attach the quilts to the wood behind the frame, seems to be working so far....

The hand stitching was my favorite part!  Can you see the circles on the left fabric??


I used the blanket stitch for a lot of the pieces.

This is the owl.  I did not have a pattern for this one so I just created something similar to the bird pattern.


I used different fabrics that looked vintage to me.

I also found this frame at the antique market (Lakewood 400)

This quilt also has a lot of hand stitching to give it subtle details. 

***I can't decide if the metal birds and owl above the frames are too much? I am letting them stay for a few days to see how I feel about it.  I would love any opinions!


1 comment:

  1. I think it would be so cute if you hung the owl right above the bench so it looked like he was perched on it :-) and maybe the birds above the door...? love all your posts!

    ReplyDelete