Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thank goodness....

Thanksgiving break is just a day and a half away.  I'm not sure who needs it more; me or the 2nd graders.  Right now my vote is ME! 

This week we are having Bully Prevention Week and it has created a ton some conversation between the kids.  Today we had a door decorating contest.  Here is our door!

"Life without bullies would be sweet!"
(Wishing I had taken down the fall owl clings from the window....)


I made the cupcakes on my cricut and each student wrote 3 "sweet" words they could use.

Of course I made a special trip to the School Box to get the sprinkles border.



The "sprinkles" are brads that go through the cupcake to hold all the layers of paper together.
I will be using these cupcakes for something else because they took me forever to make.
Why can't I just put up something simple?  I'm not sure which parent I get this trait from?  It can be great and it can cause a real lack of sleep.

Here are some of the other doors at school:









Everyone did such a great job.  I am glad to have that checked off my list!

Here are a few other things going on in 2nd grade:
This is one of my favorite projects my kids do ALL year!
They have to dress up a turkey pattern to disguise it through the holiday.  
Some kids are so creative!
The kids loved the angry bird turkey!



 Club Penguin



 In reading we read Henry and Mudge and learned about plot.



 Grandparents Day is this Friday so we did our bulletin board for them!
 We created a quilt out of paper.


The four corners were leftover fabric scraps.

Each child drew their grandparents and their nicknames.


 We made owls for our tree this November and they wrote whoooo they were thankful for on each one.


We also created descriptive Thanksgiving menus for our window display.

The goal was to have the students add descriptive adjectives to their family meal.


Fall wreath for the classroom- made out of yarn and I made leaves from felt and embroidery thread.

I can't believe November is almost over.  I am looking forward to a meal with family, seeing my husband, and having some time off work!



No comments:

Post a Comment