Saturday, October 8, 2011

New recipes

I can't get over Pinterest. For some odd reason I resisted it for so long and now I can't get enough. It has helped me find great lesson plans for school and some amazing recipes.  Last weekend I was home alone and I tried some new things for myself!

I make baked apple chips for an afternoon treat.
You cut them in thin slices, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake on 250 for 1-2 hours.

 I cut up three apples and ate most of them as soon as they came out of the oven.  They were also great because they make your house smell like fall- lovely!

Next I made roasted butternut squash pasta- just thinking about it makes me hungry.
This is by far one of the best pasta dishes I have ever made and it was so simple. 
All you need is: pasta, pine nuts, olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, onion, butternut squash, bacon, salt/pepper, and herbs of your choice.







So delicious.

 Sunday morning I made a blueberry breakfast cake. 








It was wonderful served warm with a vanilla latte. Thank you Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment