Thursday, March 24, 2011

Owl love you forever

I tend to fine one thing I love and then run with it.  I have had a really busy week at work- talent show at school, report cards, admissions, and the second grade performed a BUGZ play yesterday. I have not had much time to craft at all.  When I got home from work yesterday I realized that I have a lot of owls in my house. I also realized that most of them have a special memory with them.  I think I may need to take it easy though...

These are little owl pin cushions. When I saw the pattern I knew I had to make these!

I changed them up a little- I added the bow on this one and enlarged the pattern a good bit from the first one.

They were very tedious to make but so cute!

These guys have made it back to my mantle again.

Owl journal where I write down my craft ideas and hope to get around to them.

This is an amazing book.  For Valentine's Day this year one of my students gave it to me.  Their  mom put the book together from real photographs a friend had taken in their back yard.  

It has cute little poems inside.

Of course the dog's toys are even owls. He has a blue one too, it is hiding.

This is a beautiful handmade owl that one of my students gave me this year.

More owl gifts.


This was from my 2nd grade class this year for my birthday.  They all wrote reasons why they love me and they gave me owl salt and pepper shakers. So sweet!

Salt & Pepper shakers. The middle ones did not photograph well- I found those at an antique store and they are really pretty. 

Happy Thursday! Almost to the weekend!












1 comment:

  1. i found this adorable blog post. she threw an owl themed party for her daughter. there are SO MANY cute owl ideas in the post. i made the stuffed felt owls that are toward the end and they turned out very cute. thought you might enjoy!

    http://snowybliss.blogspot.com/2011/02/night-owl-party.html

    ReplyDelete