Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why not?

I have decided to start a craft blog after a lot of encouragement from others.  I love creating things for the ones I love and for my house.  I love a good holiday!  About two weeks ago when I was stuck in my house because of snow and ice I put together a baby quilt with my mom for my sweet friend Rebecca.  I loved making this quilt for her precious baby.  My mom is a wonderful quilter and has been teaching me how to make quilts for a while.  This was probably the quickest we have ever made a quilt.







The finished quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Amy! So glad you finally decided to share your creativity with the world (and so we can borrow your ideas!) I already have used one for Valentines Day-- 4 frames that spell LOVE. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoy reading your blog! just a quick question, for the birds on the quilt, are they machine sewn, and did you use any adhesive before sewing? it's such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are appliquéd on the machine. I did use that steam-a-seam paper to secure the fabric to the quilt before appliquéing the birds. You can get the stuff at JoAnns, I use it for a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete