Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January

This is the first year I have decorated for January.  It doesn't fall into the holiday category but it gave me a reason to make new things and change my mantle.  Plus I always love a good reason to go shopping for something new.


I am really pleased with how the mantle turned out.  The 'trees' are from The Paper Affair, skates are from Home Goods, stars are from Crate & Barrel, tree stumps are from an antique store in Hartwell, and owls are from assorted places.


I love the look of burlap but don't love what it does to my eyes or the mess it leaves behind.  I used my cricut to create a stencil and added little blue accents on some of the white dots.


I snagged the only blue winter fabric JoAnns had this year and put together the table runner with my mom.  I have been making these frames since last February for each month and love them!  It is an easy and very cheap way to decorate.  I started with one white set and one brown set so that they can be used for every month of the year.  



I have had enough of the cold....I am ready to bring out the pink decorations now!  I am trying to finish this by the weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment