Monday, April 14, 2014

A Recap

I can't even believe my little blog is letting me back on.
Apparently my short little break lasted 7 months and things have been non-stop.
I will do my best to go back and post things of house projects and parties I have been up to.
I have been so busy/tired lately because of this wonderful part of my life....
 
 
I found out I was pregnant in October and it has been the most wonderful 6 months (minus the daily vomit for the first 17 weeks). Every day it feels more and more real. We have done TONS of projects in the nursery that I will post very soon, I can't wait to bring this baby home to a special room created just for her.
 
We hosted a big gender reveal party and found out together about baby girl. I may or may not have gone overboard with the decorations as usual, I was so nervous that I put all my energy into turning the house into a blue and pink party!
I was so sure that this baby was a boy, had the wallpaper shipped already from Anthropologie, paint picked out, and had secretly registered at Restoration Hardware. I was in for a big surprise!
 
 
You will have to excuse my nervous chatter and many tears in this video.
I was just so shocked!!!
 
I made the banner out of scrapbook paper and found this really fun textured trim at JoAnn to string it all together with.
 
We tried to fill the house with pink and blue flowers. You can't see the blocks very well on the mantle but one side spelled out baby and the other had 7-7-14 for her due date.

The entry table had pink and blue mints, bottles, and take-away bags filled with chocolate covered pretzels.


9 out of 10 times you come to my house you will be sent away with pretzels, it's just my thing.

 
We had a place for people to leave name suggestions, leave it to my family to write ridiculous name ideas.

 My mom made the table runners with pink and blue.
Anthropologie mugs filled with fresh roses and babies breath.
Baby pictures of Andy and I in the frames.
 
This party was the perfect excuse to buy the stork attachment for my Happy Everything plate!
 
Mason jars with pink and blue straws.
We served pink lemonade and blue raspberry lemonade to stick with the color theme.

Baby pictures of us all around!

I spray pained the glass inside a frame with chalk paint and hung the chip board letters with twine.
People had to tally their guess before the big reveal.

Before the reveal with the pups. They had on special scarves that were half pink and half blue stripes.

We had the ultrasound tech text the lady making our cake so that it would be a surprise for everything! I made the paper bunting on my cricut.
 
It was so fun to have family and such sweet friends there to celebrate with us.
So many people brought delicious appetizers and were so helpful!

We can't believe it!

My sweet parents were good sports, dad wore his pink and blue shirt and mom went hot pink!

Best moment, it's a girl!!
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! huge congratulations! :-D i swear you will be the most beautiful creative momma! i cannot wait to see some of the things you will create :-) what an amazing journey you are on! x

    ReplyDelete