Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm back!

Fastest. Summer. Ever.
My mom always tells me that the older I get the faster time goes by....well, this teacher wants the time to slowwww down. My 8 week summer has dwindled down to just a few days left.
It has been a lovely summer filled with traveling weekends, friends, family, and new adventures.
 
My biggest adventure this summer was the purchase of my monogram machine!! I have always loved monograms, it's safe to say that 1/4 of my closet is monogrammed and most of my belongings too. I've always dreamed of having my own little business and creating adorable things for friends and family. Early this summer I took a class on a certain embroidery machine and then could not stop thinking about making my purchase. I saved for many years to buy a machine and meet my goal.
Here she is!
 
It took a lot of hands to get this machine loaded into my car and up the stairs. I think I waited a day or two to unwrap it because I was so nervous!
 
I have a very sweet friend that has been monogramming for years and she was a huge help in the whole process.  She taught me everything and helped me decide on a machine.


I was super nervous at first to monogram alone so of course I started with my stash of pajama pants.

Fleece blanket for a neighbor.
 
Lake towels for my parents.

Baby hats.

The other part of my machine that I love is that it can applique. My sweet niece Letty has a dog named Ziggy. She says "hi ziggy" whenever she sees a dog. I made her this little shirt to match her pup!

Baby onesie for Noah.

Can't take credit for this monogram- my MIL sent it to me and I just added it to my machine. Really different but pretty, wedding gift for my sister in law on cloth napkins.

Another applique on a tote for preschool.

I have had so much fun monogramming in the last couple of weeks. I am excited to grow my business and create more things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment