Sunday, October 14, 2012

Field trips and food!

The past couple weekends have been packed! I am finally enjoying a lazy morning with a latte, pajamas, and my pups. We had some friends stay with us last week and I wanted to try out a new appetizer.

Toasted baguette with melted brie cheese, strawberries, basil, and honey.


 Last week we took our first field trip of the year. There is a family owned farm close to school and the family invited the second grade for a day full of fun!
We started the trip with story time in the pumpkin patch.




The kids went on a scavenger hunt in the pumpkin patch.








The next part of our trip was planting a flower.






Then we took a hay ride around the property!


We got to stop and feed the chickens.



It was a cute trip! We ate lunch out on the cute little patio and the gift shop was amazing.
I will be planning a trip to Scottsdale Farm again soon!

 Saturday I spent the day in Birmingham with my old college roommates. 
We had a lovely day of eating and shopping together!

Sunday I got to spend the day with my favorite little man and his momma!
 We, of course, spent the afternoon eating delicious risotto.
Could that smile be any cuter?

Pancetta

Pine nuts

Roasted butternut squash




I brought back a box of treats from my favorite bakery in Birmingham, Savage's.

I have a friend and her little girl staying with me this weekend. Could this be anymore precious? She say down next to Poncho and started saying "cheeeeeese." 
Adorable.

I am working on planning two parties this weekend, will post my projects once they are over!
Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment